State Cancer Profiles (CDC, NCI) - Statistics for prioritizing cancer control efforts
- Screening and Risk Factors Report: Healthy Weight (body mass index 18.5 to <25), Ages 20+
- Screening and Risk Factors Report: Obese (body mass index >=30), Ages 20+
- Screening and Risk Factors Report: Consumed Five or More Fruits/Vegetables per Day, 18+
- Screening and Risk Factors Report: No Leisure Time Physical Activity, 18+
Research to Reality (NCI)
- Interactive community of practice for discussion, learning, and enhanced collaboration around evidence-based practice
Guide to Community Preventive Services (Federally supported) - Recommendations for population-based intervention approaches
- Obesity Prevention and Control
- Several intervention approaches in the following topic areas are also relevant to obesity prevention and control:
U.S Preventive Services Task Force (Federally supported) - Recommendations on screening, counseling, and preventive medications
- Obesity in Children and Adolescents, Screening
- Obesity in Adults, Screening and Counseling
- Healthy Diet - Counseling
- Physical Activity, Counseling
- Clinical Guidelines on the Identification, Evaluation, and Treatment of Overweight and Obesity in Adults, National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute (update in progress)
Additional Research Evidence Reviews
Research-tested Intervention Programs (NCI, SAMHSA) - Summary statements, ratings, and program materials from cancer prevention and control studies
"SHAPEDOWN"- Designed to promote healthy dietary habits and increase physical activity among obese adolescents.
"Trim Kids"- Designed to reduce obesity among children and adolescents.
- This site provides an explanation of and resources for those wanting to apply the RE-AIM framework; the RE-AIM framework is designed to enhance the quality, speed, and public health impact of efforts to translate research into practice
- State, tribe and territory plans
- General Guidelines for developing a comprehensive cancer control plan
Prevention & Care Management (AHRQ)
- Resources and materials for linking research and practice
Policy and Legislative Resources
- State Legislative and Regulatory Action to Prevent Obesity and Improve Nutrition and Physical Activity (CDC)
State legislative and regulatory actions related to obesity, nutrition and physical activity topics
School Policy Resources
- Classification of Laws Associated with School Students (NCI)
C.L.A.S.S. uses a scoring system to classify state laws as they compare to national standards and recommendations for physical education and nutrition.
- School Health Policies and Practices Study (SHPPS) (CDC)
The School Health Policies and Practices Study (SHPPS) is a national survey periodically conducted to assess school health policies and practices at the state, district, school, and classroom levels.